Happy New Year, everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Personally, I am not thrilled to be back at work on January 2-I know, I know, being in school has spoiled me. But I am excited about my New Year’s Resolution!
This year, my resolution is to read (at least) 52 books. It’s based on the idea here, but I made one significant change. My goal is just to read 52 books total, not to read exactly one book per week. Some books are longer than others, some weeks are busier than others, and I don’t want to have to focus on just reading short books or light reading. I haven’t figured out exactly how I’m going to keep track yet, but of course I will be posting plenty of reviews!
I got several books for Christmas, so those will probably be my starting point. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the books I plan to read in 2014.
- Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James Confession: Ok, so I read the first chapter of this book on Dec. 30, on the plane ride home. It’s not like I’m going to stop now.
- Dune by Frank Herbert My husband has been wanting me to read this (he’s a fan of the movie) and he got me a very pretty copy for Christmas!
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The movie has me intrigued. I was going to try to read it before it came out, but as you can see, that didn’t happen.
- The Woman Who Died A Lot by Jasper Fforde Mr. Fforde has a lot to prove after ending his second-to-last book on a cliffhanger, not continuing the series for a few years, and then coming out with a book that focused on another character and ended only slightly after the one before it….Hopefully now I can FINALLY find out what’s going to happen to Thursday Next!
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Everyone else has read it, and I want to see what all the fuss is about.
- Catherine the Great Becca gave me this book, and I have been wanting to read it for awhile now. This is going to be the year!
- Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth This one comes recommended by my mother’s book club, so it must be good!
While I continue reading Death Comes to Pemberley, I’ll also be catching up on my blog posts! I could have sworn I wrote one for Ender’s Game….It’s probably on a scrap of paper in my school bag….Plus I need to review the book I read over Christmas break and tell you which author’s home I visited on my latest trip to Massachusetts!
If you want to join me in reading 52 books in 52 weeks, you can sign up here!